Thursday, June 5, 2008

Trackbot part 5


Trailer for Trackbot

Once I had finished Trackbot I decided it would be good to have something to carry loads for Trackbot. Thus the Trackbot trailer was made.

The body was a body from a seven stacker CDROM drive. After a bit of trimming I had a nice flat tray to work with. The axle supports were plastic clips from some Cisco switch packing material. They looked like they could be useful and after a year of sitting on the shelf there were. The wheels/axle are Tamiya Truck tyres. I glued the axle supports to the body. I drilled a hole for the trailer to connect to Trackbot.

On Trackbot I made a trailer hookup from two automotive crimp connectors. In all the whole setup worked rather well. Only issues was in a sustained full reverse the trailer would jack knife, but that was expected.

No comments: